Sunday, October 10, 2010

Leoni Stages A Clubhouse Coup d'etat

In a stunning move during the Sunday football games, Leoni Generali has taken over the Pleepleus Gorillabutters.   Citing Pleeps' Monkeybutters failure to win the California Baseball Nuts Championship, Leoni commented, "After serious locker room discussions with Delete and Pleep #2, I have taken charge of the coaching and put Delete in charge of trades and pickups.  We hope his pickup of Michael Bush starts to pay off in tds." 

Leoni, continued "We think the stress of the baseball season has taken a toll on Pleep.  After his meltdown today during the Chiefs game, we felt it best to send him for a bit or R&R."   Sources close to the situation speculate that Leoni's ties to Generali USA may be related to this maneuvering but Delete and Pleep #2 claim there is no truth to the rumor that they were promised team jerseys.

When asked for his comments, Pleep stated, "I was expecting some sort of move when I saw Leoni wearing his Generali shirt this morning.   I thought he might be angling to take over the offense but I was not anticipating the name change.  We will be having a discussion with my co-owners this week to determine if Leoni's new team name remains. Plus, my alleged meltdown during the Chiefs game was entirely justified.  They cost me 3 points by not going for the field goal in the first quarter.  What kind of coach goes for it on 4th & goal in the first quarter.  What can you expect after the stupid opening on side kick? Argh!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment